- 14-Nov-2016 to 02-Nov-2017 (PST)
- Customer Service
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Busser/Food Runner
Reports To: Stanley's Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave. Assist Servers in delivery of orders to guests table and refill beverages as needed.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Remove used tableware as needed.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths between seating. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and supervisor to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Washes dishes in the absence of the dishwasher and/or as directed by the servers and manager.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Must be able to frequently bend, reach, stoop, constantly hear, reach, see, speak, stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be flexible with adjustments to duties and work area assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.