- 04-Apr-2017 to 04-Jun-2017 (PST)
- Customer Service
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Dishwasher
Reports To: Stanley's Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Provide a clean and safe kitchen area for staff. Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the kitchen and equipment clean and organized.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, using dishwasher or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, and refrigerators.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it designated pickup areas.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor-on-duty.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).