- 06-Jan-2017 to 02-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Customer Service
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Hockey Coach
Department: Sharks Ice
Reports To: Hockey Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
To teach the skills necessary to play the game of ice hockey and to ensure that ice hockey in the Sharks Ice Facilities is enjoyable and rewarding for all.
Help prepare and implement practice plans for the House Recreation Hockey Leagues.
Be familiar with USA Hockey guidelines for age specific skill progressions.
Be prompt and on time for assignment.
Assist volunteer coaches with practice set up including getting out teaching aids.
Meet and exceed customer expectation. Practices should be fun friendly and organized.
Keep skaters active and engaged by varying drills and on ice games.
Ensure all students receive equal amount of instruction.
Supervise all players and volunteers during practice times.
Develop social skills.
Keep open communication with parents and players with regards to progress
Promote Sharks Ice camps and clinics to keep players and parents informed of additional on ice sessions.
Assist players with their equipment where needed.
Encourage new enrollment and promote re-enrollment.
Keep up to date with the latest hockey rules and trends.
Promote Pro Shop.
Follow all rink rules, policies and procedures.
Know emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation of building.
- Possess a record of high achievement as a player or a coach in Hockey.
- Able to work well with youth, adults and has a positive relationships with customers.
- Good working knowledge of Ice Hockey, other local youth programs and organizations.
- Requires long periods of ice skating and standing on skates giving instruction.